Steady my Heart

"I'm not gonna worry, I know that you have got me
right inside the palm of your hand
Each and every moment
What's good and what gets broken
Happens just the way that you plan.

But You're here
You're real
I know I can trust You

Even when it hurts
Even when its hard
Even when it all just falls apart
I will run to you
Cause I know that You are
Lover of my Soul, Healer of my scars
You steady my heart
Kari Jobe "Steady My Heart"

This song brought me a lot of peace and comfort in my early days of healing. It really emphasizes the "trustworthiness' of our God. No matter what we may feel or think during a difficult situation, we know that our God is sovereign and can be trusted to be in control and working all things to our good. This was one of my greatest challenges during my recovery and to this day. My feelings are always changing. There were and are so many days where I didn't necessarily feel the peace and comfort from the Lord, but I went to the scriptures and found God's promises. The more I read about these amazing promises, it was then when the peace and comfort would come. Here are just a few that have encouraged me:

He promises that nothing can separate us from His love ( Romans 8:38-39).
He promises us that He will never leave us or forsake us (Hebrews 13:5).
He promises us that all things work together for good to those who love Him (Romans 8:28).
He promises us that His grace is sufficient for us, and his power is made perfect in our weakness (2 Corinthians 12:9).
He promises to comfort us in our afflictions ( 2 Corinthians 2:3-4)
He promises to be our refuge and strength, our very present help in times of trouble ( Psalm 46:1)

We must cling to these promises in the midst of trials and suffering. We can never trust the way we "feel" about God and His character. The world is always trying to interpret who God is based on circumstances and through their own finite viewpoints. We must look to His Word for truth and hide it in our hearts.

1 Peter 1: 24 says " The grass withers and the flower falls, but the Word of our Lord remains forever".

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

O Come O Come Emmanuel.

Time Heals or Does It?

Living with PTSD