Open Doors

Wow, as I write this I realize that i have been in the Houston area for over 3 weeks! I cant believe how quickly the time is passing here. Our first week here God opened up doors immediately. We went to Sugar Land Family Church and the people there were incredibly friendly and welcoming. We were able to connect with the youth and worship leaders of the church and share with them our heart and vision for the City of Houston/Sugar Land and for the 10/ 40 Window. We are excited to continue working them and mobilizing them into missions along side of us.
We were able to visit the YMCA international and go through their training orientation. Through this were able to see much more of the diversity not just in clients but also in staffing and volunteers. The YMCA offers refugee services such as ESL, Human Trafficking counseling, Teen and kids camps, refugee resettlement and orientation. We are looking into possibly partnering with them in the future. We were also able to see an area of town with a ton of diversity and ethnic foods as well. This is a great place for us to hang around and make relationships. There is a mosque that is right in the middle of a shopping strip. Also I have learned more about the Human trafficking that occurs here. There are several nail salons around that used to traffic women into slavery. Houston is largest Sex Trafficking hub in the United States. Please pray against this horrible stronghold in this city and all over the world!

Other Open doors we have been walked through have been awesome. We helped out last week with a VBS in a refugee resettlement apt complex. As we walked up to help we were surrounded by children from nations all over the world! It was a great opportunity to talk with the kids and have them teach me their languages and culture. I also walked around and was invited into a Bhutanese family's apt. They served me Tea and were so happy that someone had come to see them. They are confused and hurt by the American culture of being task oriented over relationship oriented. Later that week I brought 2 friends back to their apt to visit them again. We got to listen to their story of living in a Nepali refugee camp for 18 years before coming to the STates 5 months ago. They are a Hindu Family but they are more Hindu by culture and not religion. They are very open to the Bible and Christianity. I also met that same day a Christian Bhutanese women you helps translate the Bible and other teachings from missionaries here to her people. She has been in the states for 6 months and is so excited that she has the freedom to talk about Jesus whenever she wants!

I have so many stories about the things that God is doing and the ways the Holy Spirit is moving amongst us. II have complete reaffirmation that I am excactly where God has called me to be. I have no regrets and no doubts that God has amazing plans for me and for the people he calls me to minister to.
Ministry Requests
Please pray for discernment about ministry. There are hundreds of opportunities here, we need to be able to narrow it down to what the Holy Spirit is calling us to do.

Pray for Los Arcos (apt complex we worked in). There are several refugee families and children that heard the gospel presented this past week.
Please pray as my car has completely failed and now I am looking for a new affordable car to replace it!
Thanks for you prayers and listening to the Cry of My Heart!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

O Come O Come Emmanuel.

Time Heals or Does It?

Living with PTSD