What Lies Ahead....


Buenas Tardes Amigos! I am writing this blog update to share with you what has been happening in my life and what is to come. As most of you know I have been in Oaxaca for the last 7 months of so studying missions. This was the most incredible experience of my life which I am so very grateful for. Through this experience God fueled my passion for missions and reaffirmed to me that this is my calling. In Ephesians 4, it tells us to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called. I have been called to a life of missions, and I cannot imagine doing anything else.
This leads me to WHAT is next for Ashley Ballard. God has laid it on my heart to go on staff as a full time missionary with Global Frontier Missions (the same organization I have been with in Mexico). Our vision is for the unreached people groups of the world. There are still 1.4 billion people in this world who have never heard the gospel of Jesus Christ. Our desire to see these people come to the knowledge of the saving grace of Jesus. However the majority of these peoples are located in the 10/40 window. The 10/40 window stretches from North Africa to Eastern Asia (China) and is very hostile to the gospel.
This leads me to WHERE I am going, Houston, Texas. This may sound crazy at first, but let me give you some facts on the Houston area. Houston is one of the most diverse cities in the world. It has over 315 people groups represented with over 215 languages spoken. There are 120, 000 Hindus, 100 Muslim mosques and several Buddhists there. It has the highest population of Nigerians in the United States. Houston is home to thousands of refugees from countries such as Bhutan and Burma.
Our vision to reach immigrants and refugees with the gospel of Jesus CHrist in the Houston area. Many of these people will return to their countries at some point. It is much easier for them to take the gospel back to their native peoples than it is for an American missionary. We are excited about this gift that the Lord has given us and do not plan to take it for granted.
We will also be holding our Missionary Training School beginning in August. Houston is a great training ground for those that have a call to reach the unreached in the 10/40 window.
My role will be using English as a Second Language as a tool for ministering to immigrants and refugees. ESL is a great way to establish relationships and get involved in the international community.
I am fully responsible for raising100% of my support while serving with GFM. It will be a full time missionary position. Please pray about partnering with me in fulfilling the great commission and supporting me financially. I am looking for people who can support on a monthly basis. I believe our God is faith and will provide as He guides. Please pray for my financial needs to be met. I will leave on July 1 for Houston.
If you are interested in supporting me or getting together to talk more about my ministry, please feel free to email me at ashleyeballard@gmail.com or call me @ 309-242-0114.
Thank you and God Bless!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

O Come O Come Emmanuel.

Time Heals or Does It?

Living with PTSD